AU-EN Bring It Back Terms & Conditions
This simple recycling scheme entitles Lush customers in Australia and New Zealand to exchange any individual Qualifying Lush Packaging item for $1.00 towards their in-store purchase at the same time.
- Firstly, check your packaging is eligible for the scheme. This scheme applies to the following full sized Qualifying Lush Packaging items:
- PET clear plastic bottles (with lids)
- PP pots clear & black (with lids)
- PP Makeup packaging
- HDPE bottles (with trigger/spray tops) - Excluding Body Sprays
- Glass packaging - Excluding liquid perfume
(each of the above will be referred to as “Qualifying Packaging”).
- The following items are excluded from the scheme and are not Qualifying Packaging:
- Any non-Lush packaging of any material
- Non-plastic/glass Lush packaging (e.g. paper packaging, cork shampoo bar containers, or tins – please reuse these items where possible or recycle locally)
- 10 gram sample pots (we will still accept these back for recycling)
- Bottle tops (we will continue to accept these back for recycling)
- Body Spray bottles
- Liquid perfume
- The scheme will apply only to Qualifying Packaging originally purchased from a Lush store or the official Lush website, and Lush store staff shall have sole discretion in determining whether any packaging qualifies under this scheme.
- Qualifying Packaging should be empty and thoroughly cleaned before returning to a Lush shop.
- Once you have one or more Qualifying Packaging empties and they are sparkling clean, you are ready to shop! Take them along to any Lush store in Australia or New Zealand and present them at the point of paying for any items you wish to purchase.
- This is an in-store scheme only. There is currently no equivalent for online purchases.
- For each item of Qualifying Packaging, you’ll receive a $1.00 return towards your purchase of any qualifying full price product.
- The following products are excluded from this scheme and may not be purchased with packaging returns money:
- Lush Charity Pot (we wouldn’t want to deprive the charities, even for a cause as good as recycling);
- Any campaign products raising funds for charities or non-profit organisations;
- ‘Swag’ items such as clothing, tote bags and cosmetics pouches;
- Knot Wraps;
- All gift boxes;
- Sale items;
- Lush paper carrier bags;
- Make-up brushes.
- This offer has no cash value and you will only be able to receive the $1.00 return towards purchases made at the same time the Qualifying Packaging is returned. No credit will be offered against future purchases.
- If the value of the returned Qualifying Packaging under this scheme exceeds the value of the purchase, no cash equivalent or future credit will be given.
- Members of staff using the scheme in conjunction with a staff discount will receive 50cents per item of Qualifying Packaging towards their eligible purchase. All other terms remain the same.
- You still have the choice of receiving the $1.00 per returned container towards your purchase under the Bring It Back scheme, or using five empties to receive a free fresh face mask under the 'Five for a Fresh Mask' scheme.
- Splitting your redemption amount is allowed. E.g. if you bring in 10 empties, you can put 5 of them towards a Fresh Face Mask redemption, and 5 towards $5.00 of your total purchase.
Further details of the 'Five for a Fresh Mask' scheme can be found on our website here.
- This scheme is scheduled to run from 10th May 2021 until further notice.
- The scheme does not apply to stores outside of Australia and New Zealand (check with your local LUSH team for information on the Bring It Back scheme)
- Lush reserves the right to withdraw or amend this scheme at any time on a month’s notice, such notice to be given on this page.