Henna Hair Colour
"I've been using henna brun on and off since my teens now that I'm turning grey (20%) I am happy to see henna can gently subdue the grey/white starkness with a healthy looking highlight effect. The contents of Lush's henna are so supportive it leaves my locks replenished and pampered." - Nibbles
"he colour is one thing but the quality and texture which it adds to my hair is my main motivation. Bravo lush for this classic quality product that’s been with the company for years!" - EllePatch
"Oh my days. My hair shines, feels soft and nourished and has so many different tones in it after using this. I had had a disaster with a box dye and my scalp was soooo irritated. Not once did brun henna feel like it was hurting me. It smells divine and my partner actually gave this a thumbs up! I will never use box dye again!" - emma.ley_6907
How to use:
Your henna will come with full instructions but there are a few things it is good to know first. Henna is best applied with a bit of help from a friend, especially if you are changing colour more dramatically but you can do it yourself - just allow extra time.
Having assessed your hair and done your strand test, you’re ready to get cracking. Here’s exactly what you’ll need:
- Your chosen henna brick (more than one if your hair is very long and thick).
- A pair of rubber gloves or trusty marigolds.
- A bain-marie (or heat-proof bowl in a saucepan), and a stirring spoon.
- An easy-to-clean henna station (we recommend your bathroom or kitchen with newspaper on the floor).
- Clips to section your hair.
- Dark coloured towels and clothing for you and your friend.
- Shampoo and conditioner, plus a protective balm, like Ultrabland.
- Wide brush to apply henna (optional).
- Cling film or a shower cap if you’d like a more vibrant result.
This natural hair dye coats each individual strand like a varnish, adding an extra layer of protection and a glossy coating. Safe and good for your hair, you can henna up as often as you like.
List of ingredients:
Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Indigo Herb (Fera tinctoria), Red Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Ground Coffee (Coffea arabica), Nettle Powder (Urtica dioica), Irish Moss Powder (Chondrus crispus), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), *Citral, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume
• Natural Ingredients
• Safe Synthetics
*occurs naturally in essential oils.
We have been fighting against animal testing since before we opened our first shop, and the fight continues today. We test products on humans and promote, fund and use alternative testing methods entirely animal and animal-product free. Find out more