Henna Hair Colour
Phoenix from the flames
"I love the colour my hair went though and it's given it great condition." - helen_walker90
"I very rarely leave reviews but love this product. OK its messy but totally worth it. It smells amazing and the condition of my hair is so soft for weeks after use. My hair has such an amazing sheen and glow everyone comments." - Lj_barker
"I have dark hair and it’s came out amazing!!, I did use more than I thought I would use but I’m beyond happy with the results!" - tomasahopkins_
How To Use:
The key to a great henna result is a generous and thorough application, but first read our FAQ and do a strand test
Here’s exactly what you’ll need:
- Your chosen henna brick (more than one if your hair is very long, very thick or very curly or coily).
- A friend with a steady hand (having someone else apply your henna will give the best results).
- A pair of marigold gloves.
- A kettle, stirring spoon and a bain-marie/heat-proof bowl.
- Clips to section your hair.
- Shampoo and conditioner or co-wash, plus a protective balm, like Ultrabland.
- Wide brush to apply henna (recommended).
- A shower cap if you’d like a more vibrant result.
- Break up your brick and gradually stir in freshly boiled water. Mixing in a bain-marie (or heatproof bowl in a saucepan) is the easiest way to melt your brick as the added layer of hot water around the formula keeps it nice and toasty to release the dye pigment. You’re aiming for the consistency of melted chocolate.
- Add Ultrabland or Ultraplant to your hairline and around the ears if you’re the messy sort.
- Comb and section your hair, check your henna is a comfortable temperature, and apply to the roots of the hair, working from the nape of the neck up to the crown. Use a brush for extra precision.
- Smear abundantly through the lengths and ends of the hair with (gloved) hands and pile on top of the head.
- Cover with a shower cap for a warmer result, leaving on for up to two hours.
- Rinse thoroughly (we recommend a co-wash or conditioner to initially lift the henna, followed by shampoo and conditioner). Turn heads.
You can apply another coat of henna as soon as your hair is dry if this is part of a two-step application, or wait a while. Both henna and indigo will continue to develop over a few days and so your end result may be subtly different from your first rinse away.
IngredientsRed Henna, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Powdered Rosemary, Clove Bud Oil, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume
*occurs naturally in essential oils.
Fighting animal testing
We have been fighting against animal testing since before we opened our first shop, and the fight continues today. We test products on humans and promote, fund and use alternative testing methods entirely animal and animal-product free. Find out more