Salvia Sclarea Oil (Muskatellersalbeiöl)
With a comforting and sensual scent, clary sage oil alleviates the mood and tones the skin.
Where do we get it?
Lush purchases this oil mainly from a producer in Hungary. When they cannot meet our production needs, we can buy from a few other sources, all based in European countries.
What are the benefits for the planet?
In Hungary, workers harvest the flowers in summer and put them through steam distillation to obtain the essential oil. In order to have the least possible impact on the environment, they have invested in a circular water system. Rainwater is collected and used for the entire distillation process, then cleaned and used again and again.
What are the benefits of clary sage for you and your skin?
- Diffuses a sweet, herbal and green aroma that is strong and heavy.
- Helps maintain firm and radiant skin thanks to its toning effect and antioxidant content.
- Soothes skin irritation and muscles soreness.
- Lifts spirits, encourages feelings of well-being and helps to take a step back when inhaled.
- Sensual and evocative, it has the reputation of being an aphrodisiac.
Clary sage is a biennial herb that grows to a height of about two feet. It has large, wrinkled leaves and a multitude of purple flowers that appear in spring, spreading an intoxicating perfume around them, like an irresistible blanket of scent in which you want to wrap yourself.