Light it up: crazy about candles
Our uniquely Lush, single-wick candles offer a delicate fragrance to transform more than just the space surrounding you.
Our candles are perfect for using in the bathroom while you bathe, or the bedroom before you sleep, in the living room while you have some down time, or perhaps even when you’re at your desk, and need some calming energy while you work.
You asked: we provided
It seems our customers are crazy about candles! Every month there are over 1600 Google searches for “Lush candles”, and after selling almost 43,000 of our Snow Fairy candle in the first fortnight of its launch back in December 2021; we took the hint and made it happen.
Just like every product we make here at Lush, our candle range uses beautiful, high quality, ethically-sourced essential oils. For the base, we employ a blend of rapeseed wax, coconut oil, coconut wax and castor wax. This natural wax base means that all our candles are palm-, GM-, & soy-free whilst also being 100% vegan. They have an average burn time of 12-15 hours; be sure to treasure and savour them!
Sold in 100% recyclable frosted glass jars, and made of coloured wax that appears pastel in tone at first glance, but the colour soon intensifies as the candle burns, becoming vibrant and intense. What's more the range is full and varied, so there's sure to be a scent that suits everyone and every occasion, from the sweet tonka and soft florals of 29 High Street to calming Sleepy, with its cosy notes of lavender and ylang ylang.
Candle life is a commitment, people. It's important to look after these precious little creations, so here are some tips for doing so:
- Trim the wick: Between burns, it's very important to take a little bit off the end of the wick. Keeps things fresh! And you know us, we love fresh.
- Avoid drafts: This one may seem obvious, but it can really ruin the mood if your candle's flame is blown out abruptly by a gust of wind!
- Perfect timing: We'd hate for you to only burn your candle for a few minutes and be left with a wax tunnel situation! Make sure you allow enough time (ideally 3-4 hours) for the wax to melt evenly and burn efficiently. And don't leave it to burn for too long, either! Then things can get too hot to handle! Also, black marks forming on the jar are normal, although they can be avoided by ensuring the candle is burning on an even surface.
- Extinguish with care: Blow the flame out gently, and from a short distance away. Don't singe your brows, now!
- In a good place: Use in well-ventilated space, so the scent can settle just right.
- Embrace the difference: Frosting/mottling is actually a unique and natural effect of using vegetable waxes. The wax is trying to return back to its natural form and as a result it begins to crystallise. It doesn't affect the performance of the candle in any way and also means your wax is 100% natural.
- Always use protection: Protect your beloved furnishings by placing candles on coasters, or even plates, before they're aflame.
- Safety first: Never leave a burning candle unattended. Simple as, right?
Get the most from your candles!
Candles are perfect for relaxing, the practice of candle gazing in wellbeing circles is an effective way to drop into a meditative state. Lighting a candle can shift the mood of your room to help you feel calm and relaxed.
And did you know there’s some magical lore that says the colour of a candle can represent the different things you want more of in your life, such as abundance, luck, peace and love? Maybe when you burn your Lush candle, focus on its colour and how that makes you feel, then whisper what it is you need most.
Psssttt. Here’s a handy life hack, if you want to reuse your Lush candle’s packaging: once the candle has finished burning and relaxing everyone in the immediate vicinity, remove any pesky wax residue inside by popping the glass jar in the freezer until it’s cold, then simply tap it out. Give it a wash, and just like that, you have a snazzy new smoothie glass! Or maybe something to keep all your Charity Pot Coins in? The options are endless!